MACSI in the Media
Journals and Newspapers
- The Irish Laboratory Awards Collaboration Achievement Award MACSI Irish Independent Supporting business & enterprise (24th October 2013)
- Cover image of the American Journal of Physics taken from the paper Why do bubbles in Guinness Sink? February 2013
- Why is it that my friends on Facebook seem to have more friends than I do? Irish Independent Special Supplement (1/5/2012)
- How do bookies work out the odds? Irish Independent (February 2012)
- Adam Maguire. Formula For Disaster? The Maths Behind The Crash The Irish Times Business Magazine (October 2011)
- Dick Ahlstrom. Better way for tracking viruses and
rumours. Irish times (16/8/2011).
- Jimmy Woulfe. UL expert devises technique to predict spread of disease. Irish Examiner (16/8/2011).
- Invention to aid in fight against epidemics. Irish
- Tool to predict flu epidemics. Irish Daily Star (16/8/2011).
- Ed Gerstner. Bubble nucleation: Stout fizz-ics. Nature
Physics 7:449 (1/6/2011).
- Anne Sheridan. Scientist
at UL help create the perfect creamy pint. Limerick Leader
- Barry Duggan. Scientists get to bottom of
perfect pint. Irish Independent (15/3/2011).
- Caitriona Loughran. You can pour a top pint. Irish
Daily Star (15/3/2011).
- Fiachra O Cionnaith. It's in
the can: Mathematical formula holds secret to perfect Guinness head.
Irish Examiner (14/3/2011).
- Making Maths Count.Irish Examiner (14/3/2011).
- Coming to a head.
TV and Radio
- MACSI's study group with industry ESGI93 featured on the Science Squad RTE 1 programme on Friday 4th October 2013.
- Prof James Gleeson's research "From population pandemics to personal networking, how maths can be used to follow trending
social media or predict the spread of flu" Irish Times 14/05/2013
- Prof James Gleeson was interviewed on the mathematics of love and hate, on the Morning Edition RTE 1 14/02/2013.
- MACSI collaborator Mark McGuinness discusses the mathematical modelling of volcanic eruptions Radio New Zealand (9/5/2013).
- UL Researcher develops mathematical technique to better predict spread of epidemics. Morning Ireland, RTE Radio 1 (16/8/2011). Interview with Prof. James Gleeson.
- TV3 News (16/3/2011). Interviews with Prof. James
Gleeson and William Lee.
- The perfect stout. Tom Dunne Show, Newstalk Radio (16/3/2011). Interview with Prof. James Gleeson.
- UL scientists crack code for perfect pint. Limerick Live 95 (14/3/2011). Interview with Prof. James Gleeson.